I can’t believe we’ve come to the end of our Plastic free July. The challenge we set ourselves for this month may be over, but the changes we have made in our home and lifestyle will remain. We have experienced and learnt so much.
Here are our 5 big takeaways from our plastic free July:
1. Living plastic free was easy in some aspects and almost impossible in others. One can easily become discouraged. We learnt to celebrate each victory no matter how small.
2. We are not alone, but part of a greater community. We got to know so many great like-minded people during this month.
3. There are a lot of great stuff out there. We were amazed at all the ingenious alternatives to plastic.
4. Plastic free living isn’t as difficult as we thought and doesn’t have to be expensive. One of the best takeaways of this month is the small eco-businesses we got to know. Businesses like @naturallife.co.za , @unwrapped_co and @therefillerysa @vula_food_shack
5. Greater awareness. We want to continue living with greater awareness and make conscious decisions about what and how much we buy and use.