Christmas is synonym with cookies. And nothing beats home-baked cookies. These Smarties cookies make for a great sweet treat with a cup of coffee, and pair well with a glass of milk for Santa. They also make great gifts. And did I mention they are very easy to make.
You will need
- 190ml butter
- 325ml brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5ml vanilla extract
- 400-450ml flour
- 5ml baking powder
- 2ml salt
- 250ml of Smarties
This is how
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light yellow.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the butter mixture and stir well.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the mixture and stir. Now add the Smarties making sure they are well distributed throughout the dough.
- Scoop small balls (teaspoon size) onto a greased baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes (Use your oven’s fan if it has one).
- After removing from the oven let the cookies cool slightly before moving them to a cooling rack.
- Pour yourself that cup of coffee and enjoy!
- PS double the recipe while you are at it! You won’t be sorry =)