These almond butter cookies are crumbly and delicious. They are perfect for a quick Saturday morning bake. Put the kettle on – you’ll will want a cup of coffee or tea with them.
You will need:
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda (Bicarb)
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup of coconut oil, soft but not melted
1/2 cup of cane sugar
1/2 cup of brown sugar
3/4 cup of well stirred almond butter
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Flaky sea salt for sprinkling (optional)
This is how:
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium size bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut oil, cane sugar, brown sugar, almond butter, and vanilla extract and stir well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the above mentioned wet ingredients and stir until just combined. The dough should be on the dry side. If it’s to dry and crumbly to work with, add water little by little (1 teaspoon at a time) until it comes together.
- Take generous spoonfuls and roll into balls with your hands. Flatten slightly and place on the baking sheet. Use a fork to make cross-hatch marks on the cookies. Sprinkle with sea salt if desired.
- Bake for between 10 and 13 minutes. Keep an eye on the cookies. Remove from the oven and leave them on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring them to cooling rack.
Happy baking! Enjoy!
Adapted recipe. The original recipe is from loveandlemons.com and uses ground flax seed.